At Big Fish Ministries, we are committed to helping keep our community safe, healthy, and strong – spiritually and physically. We have been closely monitoring Covid-19 updates issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), and are taking all possible precautions.
We are taking the following actions to respond to this pandemic:
- GRO Services have been cancelled until public health organizations advise that it is wise to hold public gatherings. Make sure to stay connected with us through our website and social media channels for updates.
Men’s & Women’s Residences
- At this time, we are suspending all new client intakes for Men’s and Women’s Residential Recovery Programs until further notice.
- Normal operations for the Outpatient Recovery Program have been suspended but current clients do have the option to participate in telephonic or video sessions in the interim.
- CDC guidelines are being followed for daily cleaning and disinfecting of all Big Fish Ministries residences.
- All outside events and travel have been suspended for residents.
- Visitors are being restricted to only those who have obtained permission to enter the residences.
- Staff and residents have been trained in and are practicing all CDC recommended hygiene protocol.
- Normal hours of operation are currently in effect for both stores (Mon. – Sat. from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.).
- Both of our thrift store locations (north and south Foley) are following the CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting our store facilities, current thrift store items, and incoming thrift store donations to provide a safe shopping experience.
- Thrift store personnel and volunteers have been training in and are practicing all CDC recommended hygiene protocol.
- We are asking all staff and customers to practice social distancing guidelines when shopping and refrain from coming to the thrift stores if they are exhibiting any respiratory or flu-like symptoms.
As we are just beginning to feel the economic impact of this situation, we ask that you prayerfully consider making a special donation during this time of need. We are thankful for your support! Please keep the men and women we serve in prayer as they continue their journey to recovery in this season of life.
God is in control and now is a time to practice faith instead of fear during these uncertain times. We will continue to exercise appropriate precautions but trust that the Lord will triumph through this pandemic.
Founder & Executive Director
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10MAKE A SPECIAL DONATION